FinDis is a centralized resource for cross-referenced information on disease mutations enriched in the Finnish population.
FinDis provides up-to-date information on the 35 monogenic diseases belonging to the Finnish disease heritage, browsable by Diseases or Genes.
For each disease, this resource provides:
- Prevalence or incidence and a short description of clinical symptoms
- Genetic locus and a molecular description for identified mutations
- Character and consequences of all known mutations, Finnish and foreign, described at the DNA and polypeptide levels
- Disease allele frequencies typically reported for Finnish mutations
- A comprehensive list of publications